Monday, October 12, 2009

Today is Thanksgiving and an anniversary


Here in Canada it's Thanksgiving again I stopped celebrating 7 years ago after my mother passed away at the age of 52. So that makes the second part of my title 7 years ago today my mother passed away. It was very sudden and very unexpected. When she passed away I was 7 months pregnant with my fourth son..


I was told by my father that since I am the oldest that I had to be strong for my younger sister who coincidentally was not pregnant but extremely close to my mother. My parents had split up when I was 3 years old but they had remained friends.. So I did what my father asked and was strong for my sister, at home was different. My husband had come into the kitchen and I burst into tears he asked me what's wrong I told him that I just made a coffee and I thought how sad it was my mother would never have another coffee ever again. He hugged me and told me he loved me. He was my rock my mother's funeral was the first funeral he ever attended and he was fabulous he shook every one's hands and thanked them for coming..


I know I am rambling but it helps me through this time... My mother's death is the reason why I got into scrapbooking I wanted to create an album of her for my boys to know her you see my 3 youngest children will never know her because Andrew was only 1 year old when she passed and Brian was still in utero, and wee Christopher hadn't even been thought of yet. My mother loved her grandchildren and I wanted my boys to know that. I am just thankful that my mother and I patched up our differences before she died and I have no regrets.


I miss you mom I know you are at peace now and I love you very much

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain. My mother passed away in 1999 and never got to meet my step childern and now that I need her support so very much I cannot have it. I look to God for help and comfort and I hope that you can find the same! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eve said...

Amazing project. Thank you for sharing. Kindly,
Eve